Some prompts for you. I encourage you to respond to these in the comments, your own journal (please link back!), or the privacy of your own imagination.
- "She's not a vampire, or a wolfperson, she's a _____"
- Print out one of your stories that didn't work. Cut it up into strips. Rearrange until it's something you can work with.
- See this proverb. Write something in which the events build upon one another and one small slip can/does cause the whole thing to tumble.
- At your next party of writers, play Exquisite Corpse. For stories, each player can write a line or paragraph; for novels, each player can write a chapter.
- "Children rule the world these days."
- All that stands between us and total devastation is an old man and three paperclips.
- "Is that a bleedin' rainbow comin' out of your shoe?"
- "Scarlett O'Hara never had to deal with this."
Photo credit: Old typewriter by Petr Kratochvil