I finally got the fire going, so I can write up some Prompts For You All.*
*I come by this term through marriage, as it were - my SIL is from Texas. Words are lovely and useful things and it's perfectly serviceable to adopt words from wherever one finds them. Voice, after all, is an acquired skill.
I encourage you to respond one or more of these prompts in the comments, on your own journal (but please leave a link in the comments!), or the privacy of your imagination.
1. "Your baking is always so . . . interesting."
2. The things you overhear in a mad scientist's lab.
3. An old woman dies and leaves a generous fortune to her cat. Everyone wants a piece, except one person.
4. You never noticed a particular detail in a family heirloom before.
5. What does the apprentice (or familiar) do when the witch or wizard says "oops"?
Photo credit: Old typewriter by Petr Kratochvil